This morning, while I was dressing a set for a local theater company, my phone went off. Waiting for me was a Facebook message from Danielle at Snippets of Inspiration telling me that she had nominated me for a Liebster Award! I was excited, yay, an award, but then I was confused. As a blogging newbie, I had absolutely no idea what it was!
Danielle is a great writer, her posts are always so clear and helpful, I knew she would fill me in! She very eloquently explained that The Liebster is an award given to new bloggers by other new bloggers, in a sort of chain letter fashion. I was very flattered, however, I am not quite as eloquent as Danielle so I am just going to list the gist of this award!
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
If the nominee decides to accept the award, they must:
1.Answer the 11 questions posed
2.Post 11 facts about themselves
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers
4. Tell them they have been nominated
5.Create a list of 11 questions for the nominees to answer
It looks like fun (and isn't that what blogging is supposed to be all about) and I am honored, so here we go!
Here are the answers to my 11 Questions:
1. Why and when did you begin blogging? I started blogging this past March. I wanted to focus on finding beauty and grace in every day. I thought blogging would force me to do so.
2. What is your best blogging tip? There are so many experienced bloggers out there writing great "How To" posts...read them!
3. Which do you prefer- Blogger or WordPress? Why? Blogger! It's all I know! :)
4. What books have you read recently? Tell The Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt and A Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman.
5. What is something that you’ve learned recently? How to write and alter HTML code.
6. What do you do in your free time? I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. There never seems to be enough time to just be with each other.
7. How did you meet your husband/significant other? Although we didn't start dating until much later, we met through a mutual friend at a roller skating rink when we were thirteen.
8. What is your biggest accomplishment? I would say that it has something to do with my raising my children, but that job is never done, so I would say getting my Master's Degree in Elementary Education.
9. What is your favorite food? Pizza, pizza, pizza! Did I mention that my favorite food is pizza?
10. What is your favorite movie? Why? Hmmm... tough one, one of my favorite movies is Moonstruck. I am Italian and so much of what I see on the screen resembles my early memories of family life. I also love opera, romance and smart comedy...happy endings rate big with me too.
11. Are you a homemaker or career woman? Why? I am a homemaker at present. I taught elementary school and loved every second of it, but when the babies came, I resigned.
Here are 11 Facts About Me!
1. I have a 16 year old cat with one eye named Scarlett.
2. I live in the same small town where I grew up.
3. I hardly ever watch TV.
4. I have a weakness for classic rock music and I listen to it very loud when no one else is home.
5. I love, love, love the beach.
6. I eat chocolate every single day~ Rolos are my favorite.
7. I am a huge fan of old black and white movies (and I quote them often!)
8. French is my favorite foreign language.
9. I originally went to college for fashion design.
10. I am the costume designer for a local theater company.
11. I had absolutely no internet presence (no Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest) until I started blogging. Now I am everywhere!
...And The Nominees Are... (I tried to make sure your followers were under 200~If I goofed, sorry~ but I really like your blog!)
1. Golden Boys and Me ~ Courtney
2.French Happy Nest ~ Marianne
3.Happy House and Home ~ Julia
4.Middleage Monologues ~ Mystery Funny Lady
5. Cozy, Stylish, Chic ~ Jeanne
11 Questions for The Nominees
1. What is the main focus of your blog?
2. What is your favorite candy?
3. Fiction or Non-fiction?
4. What is your favorite season? Why?
5. Are you an animal momma?
6. Do you like to cook? If so, what is your favorite dish to prepare?
7. What is your favorite movie?
8. What did you find most surprising about blogging?
9. What sport/ activity did you do in school?
10 What was your most frivolous purchase?
11. What is the one thing you will not leave the house without?
If you decide to accept it, have fun with it and thanks again to Danielle, I am glad someone likes what I'm writing! ;)
Sign up for email and follow the fun ~
Tips, tricks, crafts and giggles delivered straight to you!